Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who Love God, Love Others and Reach the World.
Our Guiding Scriptures
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
“Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love,we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.
From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
What We Believe
- God created humanity and the world out of his goodness and love.
- Humanity was uniquely created to reflect God’s love and character and to care for his creation.
- Humanity’s relationship with God, the world and one another was shattered when humanity ignored God’s intention for their existence and chose to live life on their terms.
- Out of the abundance of his love, God entered into human existence in the person of Jesus in order to restore humanity’s relationship with God, creation and one another.
- Jesus is the Son of God who, through his life, death on the cross and resurrection from the dead, reveals God’s identity, endures the punishment for humanity’s disobedience to God and restores humanity’s relationship with God.
- Humanity can personally and intimately know God and live as He has always intended by putting their trust in Jesus and His actions on behalf of the world.
- This is a lifetime commitment that is only possible because God’s Spirit fills our lives when we commit ourselves to the person and actions of Jesus.
- The day is coming when Jesus will return to judge the world, bringing an end to injustice and restoring all things to God’s original intent.